Hi, Dungeon & Treasure - this game is amazing. So much potential already. :) Unfortunately, itch doesn't have a way of private messaging, but I'd love to connect with you, if you're willing. My name is Aaron, and among other things, I'm the executive producer of a game called QuiVr, which you may or may not be familiar with. I've sent you a private message on Reddit with my contact details, since spam tends to follow posting public info. Ah, but also, here's my Linkedin account, as well: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aa... Feel free to add me and message me there, as well. If not, no worries, but I'd really love to chat if you have interest. Either way, I'm super excited to see where your game goes. - Aaron
Dungeons & Treasure (VR)
A downloadable game for Windows
[06.07.2017 UPDATED to version v0.4a]
We are working on multiplayer now, demo 0.5a should have multiplayer included.
Feel free to tweet, stream, upload videos and share the game. Please also link to the project and mention that this is an early version. Have fun!
Dungeons & Treasure is a roguelike dungeon crawler created with voxel art for Virtual Reality (VR). The game will be released for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. The version here on Itch.io will be updated to a certain point, so we can gather information and feedback on the game. So let us know what you think about this project. You can also subscribe to the game on our official website (linked above).
While the game is in development we plan to add following features for the full release:
* Multiplayer (Currently the idea is to implement multiplayer like this: You will be able to create a multiplayer lobby and start playing until someone joins or you can just play singleplayer. You can also join a random lobby. We plan to limit the max. players to 4. In private lobbies the host can choose the maximum number of players)
* Random generated dungeons (every play through is different. A dungeon is completed if the boss is defeated. The next dungeon will have a completely new theme and enemies)
* Waypoints (dungeons are pretty large, so you will be able to teleport to different locations to avoid massive backtracking)
* Weapons and shields (you will be able to carry weapons and shields, which you can mix as you wish (e.g. 2 weapons, 1 weapon + 1 shield, 2H weapon + no shield). Shields will have a defensive skill, either active or passive)
* Active item (you will be able to carry an item, which will have an active use skill with a certain cooldown)
* Upgrades (upgrades for you and your weapons can be found)
* Different enemies (enemies will drop currency which you can use to buy items from a shopkeeper. This currency only exists in the current playthrough)
* Shopkeeper (shopkeepers can be found in a playthrough. They will sell you a random assortment of items)
* Obstacles (in every dungeon there will be obstacles e.g. spike traps, falling boulders, etc.)
* Companions (you will find companions, which will follow you and assist you in your battles. There will be multiple companions and will act on their own)
* Bosses (there will be a unique boss at the end of each dungeon)
* Minimap (a minimap will help you to not lose orientation. It will also show additional info like rooms you already explored, upgrades, shopkeepers, etc.)
* Secret rooms (secret rooms can be found. Secret rooms can be rewarding or maybe not)
* Currency (there will be two types of currency: fleeting currency, which is dropped by all enemies and can be used to buy items from the shopkeepers for your current playthrough and a persistent currency, which is used to unlock weapons, items, shields, etc. These unlocked items can then be dropped or found in your next playthrough)
* Locomotion (there are three types of locomotion planned: trackpad/analog movement and choose a destination, you will move to that destination while you are still able to act. The classical normal teleportation)
Many of these features are not yet in the demo, but hopefully there is enough now to get a feeling in which direction this game goes.
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Great job with the game, here's our review! Youtube.com/crymorgamingtv
Hi, sorry for the late answer. I was busy the last days. Thank you very much for the feedback. It was very helpful, its really nice to see that you had so much fun in this early version. An update is almost ready again and will come in the next week. All the features which are planed for the full release are listed in the itch.io topic or on the website. There will be much more content. The game also will be much more roguelike than dungeon crawler.
This game is nice and will definitely be something that I will buy on Steam.
How can I change orientation while teleporting (Oculus Rift CV1 with touch controllers)?
I can teleport but not select in which direction I am looking.
In the video I saw that there is a quick way to move back.
And also a way to move to the side (side step).
How is this possible?
Note: due to restricted place in my office I can only use standing experience and just do one step to the left and to the right (maybe you should consider this).
I also suggest that you add spells like:
- Freeze enemies
- Charm enemies (they fight on your side for a short time)
- Summon creatures (that fight on your side)
- Magical Shield
Would love to play as a mage.
Next you should consider allowing to shoot through the iron bars (in RL this would be possible).
Thank you very much for the feedback! Teleporting with oculus rift controlers is not perfect yet, but we are working on it (the angle is weird sometimes).
The side step thing is simple room scale, you can evade the projectiles by physicaly moving to the left or right. (Hint: moving your body will not help, your body is not in the virtual world. :) Its enough to swing your head to the left or right for evasion).
We will make a huge update next week, but do not forget its a very early stage of the game. This was just the core system. For now it seems that it works fine, we will be able to add content very fast.
I know that your game is in a very early stage (you wrote "pre-alpha" in an other posting).
This is the reason why I post my feedback because I really love to help improving the game.
Please allow using the joystick on the touch controllers (that is used for teleporting) for short steps backwards, forwards and sidewards.
Then I can quickly retreat and also evade.
Reason: I want to see if there are updates and I don't want to install the itch.io app (don't like to have too many game clients installed).
And I really hope you implement spells, a dungeon-crawler should have mages in my opinion.
Thanks again, we will update this post with the next update and add the version number. There will be different types of locomotion. I think trackpad locomotion is what you want. This will be added in future.
Do you plan to add spells?
We will have a more complex combat system in future (but that is polishing, for now we need to ensure that the core system works), for example shields will have all a certain defense skill/spell. We want to add a companion, which means you will be able to find small creatures which will passively assist you in combat and follow you everywhere. There will be more enemies, some which will use skills/spells. And you will be able to carry a certain use-item which will have an active skill/spell with a certain cooldown.
We do not want to implement a traditional class system, this game will go more into the direction of binding of isaac. In future you will be able to influence your playstyle by the decisions you make and the items you find.
In your old comment you mentioned some spells, they are all possible in our game, but they will be bound to an item or weapon, which means you will be able to have max. 3 active spells of a kind. For examle if you feel like playing tanky you could use 2 x shields and a defensive active item, where each has an active defense skill/spell.
Under the controls image is a description with all features which are planed for the full release.
So how bad are the controls for the touch? I am looking for some dungeon crawler games for the oculus would like to check this out if its not to buggy. (Also I am new to itch.io so I am not sure this is where you are wanting feed back if not then direct me senpai :)
The angle of the teleportation beam is a little bit weird, but still playable. We are working on the issue! We will update the demo at the start of the next week.
Awesome I just downloaded it and I am about to check it out. I am not sure if streaming your game is allowed but if it is I might here in a few. twitch.tv/j3han. I am just really looking for more VR games to play. I like the dungeon crawling aspect, also maybe top down city builder like sim city or possibly a crpg like divinity original sin. I am working on learning some VR stuff in UE Editor but I cannot get that working. What do you use to create your game? Unity?
Ofc. you can stream our game and mention this project, but also say that this is a pre-alpha version! We just uploaded the first demo and there is not so much to do right now. It is just the core system. The main purpose of the first demo was to test the core system and the voxel art style and to get some feedback. We are using unity for development. Have fun!
Awesome! I just played it and I see what you mean about the arch in the teleportation. One thing I would love already is right thumbstick to be able to soft turn yourself. Love the way the xbow feels when shooting though. So far pretty awesome made it quite a ways then died to a double trap not being able to port quick enough haha. Very fun and chill thanks for your work on this.
controller support? (i have dk2 rip)
would be nice to see it in there because it loks so cool
At the moment we are building the game for oculus touch and vive controllers because room scale can be used to play the game (for example dodging projectiles). Adding support for classical controller is definitly an option aswell, we will keep it in mind, thanks!